Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How can i fit a chip to my air intake sensor on my ford KA?

its a 2003 ford KA with the endura-e engine. i need to locate the air intake temperature sensor and substitute the sensor with this chip. (via plugging the chip into the multiplug) anyone whos done it before and can shed some light onto the situation would be much appreciated.How can i fit a chip to my air intake sensor on my ford KA?Follow your Air intake system.... find the sensor that goes into your Air Intake stream.... that is your AIT sensor. Follow instructions that came with the part on how to install it.How can i fit a chip to my air intake sensor on my ford KA?Do not make the substitution. That "chip" is not a chip at all. It is a resistor and that's all. The way your IAT sensor works is by varying its resistance [thermistor] based on the air temperature giving the PCM one of several references it uses to determine the optimal mixture. Putting that "chip" [oh brother] will set the reference to read a cold temperature enriching the mixture and causing all sorts of trouble in the long run. Have a spare $800 lying around for a new catalytic converter. You'll be needing one before long. What did you pay for this "chip" just curious because a 3K ohm resistor would give you the same result. Dumb idea.How can i fit a chip to my air intake sensor on my ford KA?Sounds like one of those eBay power chip gimmicks. Your MPG will go down once you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment